Augmentation is procedure to increase in size of breast.
This can be done with
1.Autologus tissue like fat grafting
2. Breast Implants.
All implants on the market today are made of two separate components, outer silicon shell and inner filling that can be of Saline or Silicone.
What are shapes of Implant?
Breast implant may be round or anatomical shape.
The newest generation of implants –the cohesive silicon gel implant-promises increased gel integrity and a more natural appearance.
That are the approaches for breast agumentation?
There are four approaches
- Sub-areolar (Trans-nipple).
Commonly dual plane breast augmentation is done in which implant is placed under both muscle and breast tissue.
Advantages of dual plane implant placement
1.Minimal capsular contracture
2.Implamt is not visible hence no rippling
3.No alteration in normal breast function as breast feeding
What are complication?
- Most common complication is capsular contracture..
- S Implant malposition.
- Infection and implant removal.
Breast Augmentation with FAT GARAFTING
Fat grafting to enlarge the breast can be performed for cosmetic reasons, for correction of asymmetry ,and for reconstruction of deformity.
Advantages of fat grafting
- Absence of autoimmune response.
- The ease in accessing donor fat.
- Minimal complications.
- Augmentation of the breast in patients with small breast, tuberous breast, or Poland syndrome or the patient refuse silicone implants.
- Correction of contour breast deformity or asymmetrical after removal of breast implant or breast lumpectomy or after reconstructive surgery.
- Creation of thick envelope of breast tissue after placement of silicon implant..
- Procedure is performed under general or regional anaesthesia.
- Fat is aspitrated manualy with liposuction cannula attached to syringe or vaccume pump.
- Lipospirated is washed with 0.9 % normal saline solution
- Centrifugation is done at 1000 rpm for 2 minutes.
- Then this purified fat is injected in to breast.
It is recoomonded that patient should wear a supportive bra day and night for 7 days after breast augmentation with fat grafting.
Oral antibiotics areadmistered for 3 days postoperatively.
Compression garments for donor area for 3 months.