FUE is a minimally invasive hair transplant treatment that is well tolerated by patients. It involves the removal of hair follicles from the donor to the patient in the desired area it is to be transplanted. FUE has become increasingly popular in recent years due to its less invasive nature and reduced scarring. The recovery time is also shorter compared to the strip method. However, FUE can be more time-consuming due to the precision required to extract individual follicles. At Saundarya City, get the best treatment for FUE hair transplant in Nagpur.
The main procedural difference between FUE and the traditional strip FUT technique is the way the graft is extracted or obtained from the donor area. With FUE, each FU graft is harvested individually with a small micro-punch.
A 0.8 to 0.9 mm punch is used to make small circular incisions in the skin around the upper part of the follicular unit, which is then extracted (pulled) directly from the scalp, leaving a tiny hole.
This process is repeated till the surgeon has enough grafts to do the procedure. Once they are harvested, the rest of the procedure (recipient site creation and transplantation of grafts) is essentially the same for both techniques.
The difference between these two procedures lies in the appearance of the donor area and the difference in the number and fragility of the grafts produced. Though a linear scar is not created, thousands of tiny punches can cause visible white dots or a moth-eaten look in the donor area in some patients. Try the best FUE technique hair transplant in Nagpur at Saundarya City.
Advantages of FUE
Follicular unit transplantation in Nagpur is a safe and effective hair method for those experiencing hair loss or thinning. Some of its advantages are:
- A linear incision isn’t required, hence no linear scar is made in the donor area.
- FUE technique in Nagpur is usually preferred for patients with a history of hypertrophic scars or keloid tendencies.
- It is useful in patients with tight and inflexible scalps or scars from the previous surgery.
- It is also useful for harvesting body hairs from the beard, chest, limbs, back, pubic and axillary region.
Disadvantages of FUE
- Total number of grafts harvested is less because with FUE one needs to leave about 50% of the grafts behind to avoid creating a bald patch in the donor area.
- Grafts are more delicate and fragile because they strip off protective tissue during the extraction process. Hence they are more prone to dehydration, trauma and poor growth.
- Final disadvantage is that the entire donor area has to be shaved to extract the FUs. This can create a significant inconvenience for many patients.
When hair starts growing?
Hair growth starts after 3 to 4 months of surgery. Visible changes are seen after 4 months but they usually are new hairs that are immature. Normal hair growth takes almost 6 to 8 months into the maturation stage until 2 years. Consult our qualified hair transplant surgeon to determine the suitable criteria and get an advanced FUE technique in Nagpur!